In the fall of 1906, construction began on a three-story specially designed funeral home. The new design included areas for funeral operations on the main floor and in the basement, with some work areas on the second and third floors. Living space for family included four apartments on the upper two floors. The home was equipped with skylights and gaslights as electricity had yet to reach the "outskirts". Bardal continues to provide funeral service to Winnipeg families from the modernized building on Sherbrook Street.
David Pritchard, graduate of Mortuary Science at the University of Minnesota in 1965, joined the funeral home, with Karl Bardal and Neil Bardal Sr. David was made a partner in the business in 1969 and became the sole owner of the funeral home in 1979. David continues to be an active part of this family business.
In 1994, the home celebrated its 100th anniversary. That same year, the company was honoured with an invitation to join the National Selected Morticians. NSM is an international society providing superior service, facilities and value by independently owned and operated funeral directors.
In 2005 the family owned history continued to the next generation as David Pritchard began the transition of ownership to his daughter Patricia and son-in-law Kevin Sweryd . Bardal Funeral Home continues to stand out as the oldest family owned funeral service in Winnipeg.